Our physical offices are now open. Stay updated on all areas of tax filings and business processes affected by COVID-19Learn more
Location: Abingdon, VA or Bristol, TN
Reports To: Firm Client Accounting Manager
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
At SpieglerBlevins our reputation is built on a commitment to our clients' success, as well as the broad success of our local community. We take great pride in the quality of services we offer clients, and how, through dedicated strategic planning, we are helping to build our local business community…one success at a time.
SpieglerBlevins offers a culture of respect, teamwork, integrity and pride as well as competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays.
This position plays a key role in managing the finances for clients. The bookkeeper is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and payroll functions for numerous clients utilizing integrated cloud-based accounting systems.
- Performing basic accounting and payroll procedures and tax payments
- Analyzing and reconciling bank and general ledger accounts in conjunction with closing client books on a monthly basis
- Preparing various monthly, quarterly and annual reports including sales tax and 1099’s
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1 – 3 years of recent work experience as a bookkeeper and payroll clerk
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Critical thinking and ability to evaluate a situation, research options, and present optimal solutions
Compensation: Dependent upon experience. Benefits package offered, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid sick leave and holidays as well as vacation package.
To apply: All qualified applicants interested in this position are encouraged to apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Please include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled. No calls please.
SpieglerBlevins is an equal opportunity employer. SpieglerBlevins is a drug- free workplace. Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the candidate will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.